CityFALCON Fundraise Interest
Claim a stake in the Future of Financial Content from £50
Private investment 100% matched by UK Future Fund (subject to approval)
KEY FINANCIAL INFORMATION
- A top-up round coupled with the Future Fund, wherein the UK government matches private investment pound-for-pound
- 2 six-figure grants from Malta Enterprise (ME) for operations costs in Malta, and collaboration with the University of Malta, subject to T&Cs
- ME grants are non-refundable, non-taxable, and non-equity-dilutive
- Only one share class with voting rights for investors, employees, and founders
- Less than £100k in debt prior to the round. If this round's investment is converted, it will convert to the same share class as all other equity stakeholders
WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR INVESTMENT
Your investment will be part of a convertible loan note (CLN), which has the downside protection of debt and the upside benefit of equity. If the company enters a distress sale, debt holders are first in line for the proceeds, while if the company succeeds, investors can convert their debt into equity to reap much more reward through capital appreciation than loan interest.
The terms are as follows: 8% simple annual interest, 36 months maturity, 100% redemption if not converted, and a 20% discount to the valuation upon conversion, subject to the valuation cap.
Moreover, the UK Future Fund will match private investment pound-for-pound, so our runway is extended even further.
Convertible debt can be a little confusing, so see this Seedrs post on convertible debt for more details, including more information on the Future Fund.
ONE PLATFORM FOR ALL YOUR DUE DILIGENCE NEEDS
We are building CityFALCON into the only platform you’ll ever need for thorough, precise, and convenient due diligence
WHAT ARE WE WILLING TO DO TO SUCCEED?
Whatever it takes - even pitching from an ice hole for 3 minutes!
OUR CUSTOMERS MAKE OUR COMPANY POSSIBLE!
Financial institutions, startups, and tens of thousands of individuals trust CityFALCON to provide top-tier, quality content for their investing and business information needs.
THE PROBLEM: A LACK OF ACCESS
Up to £24,000 per annum for incumbent platforms
Poor User Experience
The 1990s onboarding experience
For popular topics
For the long tail of topics
A focus on wealthy traders and investors leave some audiences behind:
- Retail Investors and Traders
- Wealth Managers
- Fintechs and Other Startups
- Small and Medium Enterprises
- Knowledge Management Teams
THE CITYFALCON SOLUTION – THE NEXT GENERATION OF FINANCIAL CONTENT
Low Price and significant value of Revolut
Natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning automate operations to keep costs low
Personalisation of Spotify and Netflix
Content adapts to the target audience using proprietary CityFALCON Score and machine learning
Beyond data: automated insights and analysis
Spend more time making decisions and less time reading and researching
No paywalls, no clutter
Full texts of paywalled and non-public content from 225+ publications, including The Washington Post, Fitch, and The Economist
Intuitive user experience of Spotify and Revolut
Register and use - no need for training. Optimal for busy Millennials and Gen Z
Financial content coverage and search capabilities beyond Google
- 300,000 topics, 200 million by end 2021
- News from 5000+ sources, tweets, filings with regulators and companies houses, sentiment analysis, alternative data, summarisation, and more
- 30+ languages (90+ through R&D project, coming online in 2021-22)
CITYFALCON’S 7 KEY DIFFERENTIATORS
Embracing the trend of intuitive platforms for the next generation of tech-savvy market participants
Reasonably priced, affordable for everyone
The world speaks more than English. Content in 30+ languages, expanding to 90+ through our R&D project in Malta, provides a window into local events before they’re global
Long Tail Coverage
Content on even obscure and niche public and private companies to drive a one-stop-shop for every investor or trader
No one at the office? No problem. Automation runs the whole operation
Lean methodology and strict cash flow management reduces the startup failure risk
We share our data via API to the extent possible
Unlike Google, Yahoo Finance, and others, we don't sell your data to advertisers, instead charging a small subscription fee to finance our costs
SEAMLESS, ELEGANT INTEGRATION ON CLIENT PLATFORMS...
Any content provider can whitelabel and integrate our data within hours
THE PEOPLE MAKING IT POSSIBLE
From a one-man operation in the dream stage to nearly 40 employees with offices in London, Malta, and Ukraine
COLLABORATION WITH 2 UNIVERSITIES
University of Malta and Saints Cyril and Methodius University of Skopje
YEARS WORKING TOGETHER
STRONG GENDER RATIO IN TECH
MULTIBILLION DOLLAR MARKET TO DISRUPT
In finance, data is money and the new oil, powering modern economies and driving growth. Quality, curated, structured data is a lot of money!
Read an article about the market size here.
Source: Burton-Taylor International Consulting LLC
OUR JOURNEY UNTIL NOW
Needing a solution for his lack of access to quality data and real-time content while investing, our founder built a basic version of our product from his bedroom in 2014. This need grew into a passion which blossomed into CityFALCON.
Originally we envisioned a simple, personalised financial news service. Since then, we’ve broadened our horizons by leveraging the latest technology to deliver relevant content in milliseconds, provide analytics-based insights, and offer an intuitive user experience. The Spotify concept best encapsulates our platform.
MEMBER OF / ALUM OF
BUSINESS MODEL AND REVENUE STREAMS
MONTHLY RECURRING STREAMS
- Sentiment analysis, spam detection, full-text access to select paywalled and non-public content, analytics, insights, and more
- Freemium model – free to try and two premium subscription tiers
REAL-TIME API PLANS
- Structured, machine-readable content to integrate into client platforms or algorithmic trading
- Subscription plans with API call limits and tier-separated features
INSIGHTS AND ANALYSIS
- Insights for asset classes, securities, locations, or people
- Two-tiered monthly pricing
ONE-TIME OR RECURRING
- Historical data stretching back 5 years for research or back testing
- Purchasable as bulk data with considerable customisation options
PAY PER VIEW
- One-time reading of Premium content with redeemable tokens
- All CityFALCON features unlocked for a 24 or 48 hour period
YOUR RETURN ON INVESTMENT
We believe in financial efficiency and question every penny we spend. We do NOT believe in the Silicon Valley tradition of burning cash to acquire users without seeing a clear monetary return.
Our first target remains to become cash flow positive, and then scale the business to become a multi-billion-dollar company.
Join us on our journey. Reshape the future of financial data distribution and enjoy capital gains along the way.
Question every penny spent
Silicon Valley Way
Burn cash to acquire users
Blow millions in months
50% discount on Business Starter API plan for 1 year
Plus for non-EIS only
5 night stay in Malta in shared company apartment plus coworking space
50% discount on Business Starter API plan for 2 years
Plus for non-EIS only
10 night stay in Malta in shared company apartment plus coworking space
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is signing up via the form above a commitment to invest?
No, it's not a commitment, it just helps us to understand the interest and plan our campaign.
Will I get more information about the company and the investment terms?
Yes, when the investment round is opened, we'll share more info with everyone.
What will the money raised be used for?
We'll use the money to continue building our scalable products, market our offerings, and sell to businesses. We want to break even and become self -sustainable as soon as possible.
How do you keep investors informed?
We send monthly emails regarding the latest developments in the company, a short-term outlook, and what to expect in the coming months.
Can I sell shares that I buy?
You will not receive shares in this round but convertible debt. You will not be able to trade the debt. If the debt is converted to equity, you are free to sell your shares. However, we may not be listed on any public exchanges, and you would have to sell your shares privately or through a semi-private exchange. Liquidity is low in such markets and you may find it difficult to sell shares until we are listed on an active public exchange.
From which countries can you accept investment?
You can be resident in any country and invest. However, all investment activity through our crowdfunding platform, Seedrs, takes place in the United Kingdom. It is up to the investor to ensure s/he is compliant with local regulations before investing via a UK entity.
Will I get any interest or dividend?
Because this round is through a convertible loan note (CLN), you will receive 8% simple (non-compounding) annual interest on your investment. If the debt converts, you are entitled to receive that 8% interest in the equity. If the debt is not converted, you are entitled to receive a 100% redemption premium at the end of the 36 months maturity period plus accumulated interest.
There is no dividend associated with this instrument, and even upon conversion, we do not expect dividends for equity in the medium term.
For how long will my money be locked?
The maturity of the debt is 36 months, at which point it will enter repayment if there is no conversion. However, it may be converted before then. If it is converted, then you will become an equity shareholder and are free to sell your shares whenever you wish. The market may be illiquid and it may be difficult to sell shares though.
Who will perform due diligence on the information you provide?
As a private company, we do not make our financial statements public. However, Seedrs will perform their own due diligence, as they do on other offerings on their platform, to ensure our company is not fraudulent and that we are not hiding any problems or issues from investors.
What is the minimum and maximum investment amount?
The minimum amount for this round is £50. There is no maximum amount.
How do I get access to more information about the company and team?
You can find more information through our Seedrs campaign. You may also contact our finance team with specific questions.
Join our next equity crowdfunding campaign from £50. Express your interest here.
Completing this form does not bind or commit you to anything. We use the information to plan our next round of fundraising.
- CityFALCON will never distribute unsolicited emails, and you can remove yourself from our contact list by unsubscribing at any time.
- Capital at risk. Investing in start-up and early stage companies involves risks, including loss of any initial investment and any reward, and it should be done only as part of a diversified portfolio. Please check with your investment advisor.
- CityFALCON is not associated with any brands mentioned on this page.
- There is no guarantee of investment appreciation. There is a risk of losing your entire investment.
- A small percentage of startups succeed, and we believe our current team, achievements to date, and client traction give us a 50% chance of becoming cash flow positive.
- Investment via Seedrs permits trading on Seedrs secondary market at any time, subject to liquidity
- Past performance may not be indicative of future results.