Financial News API
free for personal use, a small fee for commercial purposes
At CityFALCON, we aggregate financial news from 200+ news publications on the web and Twitter, rate every story with CityFALCON Score, and provide the content through our website to consumers for free and to businesses for a small licensing fee.
If you are developer or an agency, a startup or an individual trader / investor, go build something, show it off to your clients, show it to us, we'll market it for you.
Why are we giving this CityFALCON financial news API out without charging any licensing fees?
- We've realised that while we have all the data, we struggle to address the use cases of all our potential consumers and clients. At the same time, we have received several requests for our API for interesting use cases. As a FinTech start-up, we are ready to give this a shot.
- We want to scale our systems to be able to handle almost unlimited API calls, and power the next generation apps and services in the InvesTech space. We would love to hear your feedback and also learn from your behaviour of using the API.
- We are hoping that some of you will launch commercial apps and generate incremental revenue for us.
Licensing is one of our key streams of revenue and so we can't just give everything away. Our full suite of enterprise products are here. So these are the restrictions we've put on your API access:
- You can't sell or redistribute the data to make money from the data. You are welcome to use this data to impress your clients or get a job, but if you wish to use the data commercially, reach out to us to work out a revenue share or a licensing deal.
- You have access to restricted number of API calls per month - currently 150K calls. You could also request for this limit to be increased by providing a reasonable explanation.
- You do NOT get access to content that we are not allowed to redistribute e.g. tweets.
Our full terms and conditions are here. If you do not follow these conditions, your access may be revoked immediately.
The key ones to remember are:
- Respect the right of the content owners. Give credit to the content owners and link every piece of content to the relevant news story on the content owners site.
- We are testing something new here and may have to change the terms of the service as we learn.
We want to make sure that we give the best experience possible to our developers and so will share access in a stated manner. Please add your info below and we'll get back to you asap.